***Please note, only applicants with industry experience should apply.
Hours of Work: 37.5 per week (Sunday to Thursday)
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: London Hampstead
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
Working closely with the Business Development team, the primary function for the post-holder will be to manage the bookings process for all adult and junior group students across our BSC schools.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Processing enrolments within the agreed SLA.
• Liaise with agents, students and internal stakeholders throughout the student journey from enquiry through to departure.
• Providing agents/students with clear and concise confirmations and visa documents.
• Management of student arrivals ensuring all information is clear for the schools.
• Maintaining and enhancing relationships with agents.
• Ensuring all British Council guidelines are adhered to for under 18 students.
• To cover other members of the admissions team when on annual leave.
• Ability to manage workload and handle high volume of requests throughout the busy periods.
• Participate actively in weekly meetings, offering suggestions on how to improve the customer experience and efficiency of the department.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
• A good understanding of current student visa guidelines
• Ability to manage high volumes of enquiries by phone and email
• Ability to prioritise workload to meet required SLAs
• Be approachable and a keen willingness to help both internal and external stakeholders
• Flexibility to undertake new responsibilities and work in different ways to achieve our ultimate goal to be the best in the industry.
• Experience and interest in working with other cultures
• Ability to take ownership, problem solve and make decisions
• Good working knowledge of IT systems and databases (Schoolworks preferable)
• A team player
• Previous experience using Schoolworks/Salesforce (desirable)
• Working knowledge of Tier 4 applications (desirable)
• Be able to communicate in a regional language (desirable)
KEY SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• Ability to respond to last minute changes
• Willingness to take on new challenges, possibly outside own ‘comfort zone’
• Able to ‘think on own feet’ and manage the unexpected
• Understands that the needs of the school may require flexible, mutually understood approaches to work
• Responds to customer requests promptly
• Treats all customers with respect
• Does not assume the needs of customers
• Is able to see things from customers’ points of view
• Check with customers to ensure satisfaction
• Knows how to manage customer expectations and inform customer clearly on this
• Understands own strengths and weaknesses
• Is able to recognise how own feelings and emotions may impact on others
• Accepts feedback as constructive and is not defensive
• Understands expectations of others
Analytical & Problem Solving
• Is disciplined and organised
• Able to deal with large amounts of data and make sense of it
• Has a measured and organised approach to solving problems
• Breaks down large amounts of work into smaller, manageable parts
• Is quick and effective at processing information
• Is open to new ideas and differences and shows willingness in understanding of own and other cultures
• Recognises the need for flexibility and sensitivity in dealing with cross-cultural issues.
• Adapts behaviour to context and culture of people communicating with
• Uses experience to improve self-awareness and increase own cultural knowledge
• Judges situation based on a good knowledge of a range of cultures
• Is friendly and optimistic with people s/he meets
• Understands what needs communicating and how, when and to who
• Knows how to communicate with confidence and appropriateness to a situation
• Is open about discussing their own role and work
• Understands the importance of everyday courtesy
Working with Others
• Understands and works on team success for the whole team
• Understands own role and expectations of their role in their own team and the wider school team
• Has a strong awareness of how team dynamics work
• Treats the concerns of other departments as important
• Co-operates to meet team goals even at expense of personal preferences